Wednesday, December 20, 2006

It's True. I'm Actually...

Calm.

My parents are arriving at dinnertime. I've been smiling for the past three days. Not bad, considering my frenetic nature. Even when I'm excited to see someone, I often start spinning out of control on the inside -- all the "must do's," you know.

Not this time. I'm excited without the inner turmoil.

Amazing but true. I think I've evolved.

At any rate, I leave you today with my Present Wrapping Advice: To avoid an aching back, do your gift-wrapping on an ironing board.

It works. I set my ironing board perpendicular to my bed, which happens to be almost exactly the same height. That's my "wrapping station." I'm sure I look like a Big Christmas Dork -- but hey, my back doesn't hurt.

Merry merry!

5of my readers are feeling chatty:

At 4:27 PM, Blogger Erica Hanks said...

I am totally jealous! I have no inner peace! Only panic!

 
At 9:06 PM, Blogger Dave said...

I have no inner peace, only gas!

I wish I would have read this before I just wrapped all those presents and made my back ache.

Oh well.

Signed woefully unprepared for CHristmas

 
At 3:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jill, I hope that peacefull heart stays with you through the holidays. Enjoy your parents and family time.
I also set up a wrapping station in my room this year. I used a regular folding table pulled up to my bedside. It has been wonderful. Everything is wrapped and no achy back this year. :0)
Christmas Blessings!

 
At 5:21 PM, Blogger John Burkholder said...

Hmmm...Should have thought of that sooner.

 
At 9:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And why didn't you post this like two weeks ago? Woman!

You weren't nervous when we came for a visit were you? Remember I was so worried about being "on time" that I forgot about your actual time zone and we ended up an HOUR early?? It was fun to drive around town and see everything that you enjoyed, wrote about at the Mommy group, etc...I still say if I ever moved, it would be to your area. It's so beautifully manicured.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I am: Mother to five stunningly individualistic children... Writer of young adult fantasy... Passionate advocate for Women At Home... Madly in love with my husband... In need of Organic Gourmet Chocolate on a regular basis. I've got a Paypal account if you'd like to contribute to the cause....


Subscribe to my RSS feed
Previous Posts
Labels
Currently reading:
  • Jillian's Old Diaries from high school....real page turners, to be sure
  • Love Busters by Willard Harley

    Powered by Blogger

    Free Page Rank Checker

    All content of this website is copyright © 2005-2008 Jill Schafer Boehme. All rights reserved. Nothing on this web site, whether in part or in full, may be reproduced in any manner without the written consent of the author.