Friday, December 15, 2006

The Friday Before the Friday Before Christmas

And mine has consisted of...

Washing the baseboards in the guest bathroom.

Making sure my fourteen-year-old finished his grammar test.

Babysitting my friend's almost-eight-year-old daughter.

Stirring up a batch of bar cookies, the batter of which smelled decidedly like urine.

Best of all, I'll be meeting my sweetheart at our favorite pub at 5:00. It's been a while since we've indulged in one of our little "get-aways," so I'm looking forward to it.

Gotta do something about my hair, though. And the faded sweats have got to go, too.

As for the weekend? Wrapping gifts and hopefully digging into the plot of my new novel will highlight my Saturday. Sunday, I'll be touching base with my mom in preparation for their arrival on Wednesday.

Is Christmas really just around the corner?

Have a joyful weekend, everyone.

9of my readers are feeling chatty:

At 9:32 PM, Blogger Jamie said...

So how were the bar cookies? Did they taste like urine? And I'm happy to know the baseboards in the guest bathroom are clean since I'll be peeing in there on the 27th! ;o)

 
At 11:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uhhh, how did those cookies taste? :-S

 
At 7:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jamie, LOL

Christmas really is just around the corner. An amazingly fast year it has been. Enjoy your wrapping. Hope you don't get a "hunched over the gift" back ache. :o)

Have a Blessed one.

 
At 7:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, I'm still stuck on that cookie dough smelling like urine...what type of bars were you making?

Parker asked me tonight if you ever finished your novel. He says he has been waiting a long time...too funny!

Loved your family photo. Thanks for thinking of us!!! xo

 
At 10:53 PM, Blogger WendyWings said...

Stirring up a batch of bar cookies, the batter of which smelled decidedly like urine.

Umm ewwwww lol

 
At 2:35 PM, Blogger Dave said...

Are these bar cookies from a local bar? Perhaps there is a secret ingredient.

 
At 1:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

pee pee cookies?

 
At 2:27 PM, Blogger Jillian said...

For all those who asked about the cookies...

I didn't eat any; they were for a ballet Christmas party. But according to Maggie, the plate emptied pretty quickly.

Yep, I passed my urine-scented cookies on to unsuspecting ballerinas! :D

 
At 6:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can bake cookies for an event and not actually taste any? Now that is restraint! Of course I guess it's a lot easier to control yourself when they smell like pee! ;-D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I am: Mother to five stunningly individualistic children... Writer of young adult fantasy... Passionate advocate for Women At Home... Madly in love with my husband... In need of Organic Gourmet Chocolate on a regular basis. I've got a Paypal account if you'd like to contribute to the cause....


Subscribe to my RSS feed
Previous Posts
Labels
Currently reading:
  • Jillian's Old Diaries from high school....real page turners, to be sure
  • Love Busters by Willard Harley

    Powered by Blogger

    Free Page Rank Checker

    All content of this website is copyright © 2005-2008 Jill Schafer Boehme. All rights reserved. Nothing on this web site, whether in part or in full, may be reproduced in any manner without the written consent of the author.