|
|
|
Wednesday, August 16, 2006This Is It, Folks: The Big Climactic SceneI meant to spend some time on a thoughtful blog entry today, but I can't. You'll have to forgive me. You see, I'm in the midst of writing the Big One; namely, the climax of my novel that causes the reader to grip the edge of his seat, stay up past his bedtime, and exclaim, "Oh! Ahh! Yikes! Zowie!" throughout the entire thing. After this, it's simply the denouement and a tidy ending. Whew. I can hardly believe it. What started as a fleeting vision for publishing an online serial fantasy has turned into a Grand Passion -- a young adult novel for which I can barely contain my excitement. Big Climactic Scenes are not to be taken lightly. Everything has to build toward that final gasp; all the loose ends need to be knotted securely together; it all has to make sense and take your breath away. No small feat, that. I can't believe I'm attempting this without any chocolate on hand. At any rate, I could use your cheers, your pats-on-the-back, your happy thoughts, your support. I know, I know; you have no idea what it is you're cheering for. Some day, you'll hold the first edition in your hand (signed, of course), and you'll say to yourself, "Ah, yes. I cheered for this. I was part of its birth!" Thank you all. I hope your day is as passion-driven as mine has been. Back to Chapter 26... Labels: writing |
About Me
I am: Mother to five stunningly individualistic children... Writer of young adult fantasy... Passionate advocate for Women At Home... Madly in love with my husband... In need of Organic Gourmet Chocolate on a regular basis. I've got a Paypal account if you'd like to contribute to the cause....
Previous Posts
|
13of my readers are feeling chatty:
Oh gosh darnit woman would you find a publisher already so we can start reading these things?
Or, if I fib and say I've begun work on my own great American novel and am not officially "a writer" would you let me start critiquing for you?
(Okay, so I know you'd never believe I'd give up time at my sewing machine for time at the keyboard but hey, it was worth a shot!)
Congratulations, I hope you came up with a doozy, and you know we all can't wait! :-)
oops, "now officially a writer" - not "not". :-D
I'm soooooo excited for you, Jill. Truly, you deserve all good things and I'm just thrilled to have been a part of the process.....I know Parker has always been extra excited for your work in progress to be completed. LOL
You have been a great blessing in my life and I'm so thankful to share in your joy. You deserve to shine!!!!!!!!
notice all of the !!!!!! after the word shine? You are loved just as much as Eric is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
All I can say is, attack that climax. Climb it, beat it, overcome it and subdue it!
There. Don't forget I'll want a signed copy. :-)
Yay! =) I am sending you my cheers, pat on the back, happy thoughts, and support. God bless. =D I can't wait to read that novel. =)
YESSSSSSSSSS! (Napolean Dynamite)
WOO HOO! (Homer Simpson)
YABBA DABBA DOO! (Fred Flintstone)
EENKO EENKO EENK (Samantha on Bewitched)
>>Blat<< (Pat on the back)
Excellent! (Wayne Campbell or Mr. Burns)
About Frickin' Time! (Me) LOL
Go for it and make it the best it can be.
Deurking just to give you a cheer and a good, Norwegian pat on the back. And also get this book done well so I can get it up on my Amazon wishlist!
Go Jillian, you can do it, go Jillian, you can do it!
:D
Go girl, go!
(When do I buy my copy?)
Go for it!
Beginnings and endings of novels can be difficult, but I always found getting through them the most satisfying part of writing. It's the middles that I have trouble with.
So just remember the sweet feeling you'll have when you push on through.
I have no doubt this chapter, as well as all the others will be just wonderful. Afterall, I've seen your first one...and that was the first draft...and we LOVED it!
Go Jill...Go Jill...Rah, Rah, Rah!
Go Jill...Go Jill...Siss Boom Bah!
GO JILL....You can do it!!!!
I whill be ur editor. I cann spelle rally goode four u. :-)
Post a Comment
<< Home