|
|
|
Thursday, July 06, 2006Let's See, Where Was I....?I think I've lost the "on" switch to my brain. It was beyond wonderful having Eric around for four days. We flipped right into "vacation mode," which was seriously good for both of us. We're talking, grabbing dates whenever we could. Late-night glasses of wine. Time invested in our wonderful offspring, which included a morning fishing trip for Jonathan and Daddy, an evening date for Maggie and Daddy (guess who the popular family member is at times like this?), and, of course, the Annual Nashville Fireworks Extravaganza (from which I, of course, stayed home). Since we've had to cancel our "official" vacation this year (alas, I may pine away to nothing for want of the ocean...), this mini-break came at a good time for all of us. Except, now that it's over, I'm finding that I'm not ready for it to be. I want...more. This must be a sign that I am in major need of some refreshment. A more thorough break from the daily routine (after all, the laundry, cooking, and cleaning up of endless messes in the kitchen continue even while Eric is enjoying King Status on his micro-holidays). Either that, or I'm a spoiled brat. My life is far from difficult. Not only have I been blessed beyond measure, I have also striven all these years to live a simple, uncluttered life. Summertime means even more of this laid-back lifestyle, since we're on break from ballet (our biggest time commitment by far). So, why the reluctance to let go of "vacation mode?" And she heaves a dramatic sigh. I'll get over it. It's a lovely day (sunny, warm, low humidity) and I'm almost finished with Chapter 19 of the novel affectionately referred to as "Untitled." (The title makes you want to drop everything and wait for it to appear on the bookshelves, doesn't it?) That, and I'm feeling rather perky and inspired today. The fact that I am blogging is a sure sign of post-vacation-syndrome recovery, yes? Bear with me. I'll be fine. At least you don't have to live with me. Just ask Eric. On second thought, don't. |
About Me
I am: Mother to five stunningly individualistic children... Writer of young adult fantasy... Passionate advocate for Women At Home... Madly in love with my husband... In need of Organic Gourmet Chocolate on a regular basis. I've got a Paypal account if you'd like to contribute to the cause....
Previous Posts |
4of my readers are feeling chatty:
LOL Jill! I had a wonderful five day mini vacation with my children and it was refreshing! I, too did not want it to end. It was so nice not having to run to soccer, wrestling, etc...and it was good to be able to read to my little ones without having to worry about there being enough room for everyone else. The little things...they mean the most!!!
I had a bit of a vacation myself. My son from Utah arrived on the 1st to stay for the month, so I took Monday and Wednesday off.
My days off were very simple. Eat, rinse, repeat. um... We played games, watched movies, took naps, and ate.
It was wonderful to lay in bed knowing that I didn't have to go to work.
DramaMama and the Bear are in New Mexico visiting her family again. They are coming home tomorrow.
I even wrote part of a chapter! This is new stuff not just typing in my chicken scratches.
That's how we humans are. You spend 51 weeks a year working hard so you can have 5 days to vacate your brain -- turning the switch back on is the last thing we want --
but when the light comes back on we're able to rip through another 51 weeks like nobodys business --
ahhh -- vacation time again --
huggin' you
Getting back to work was good. I was able to rest. I think that means it was a good vacation. :-)
Post a Comment
<< Home