Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Don't Worry, You Don't Have To Say Your Name

"Women picking wedgies out in public."

That's the latest hit on my blog in a Google search. There are lots of laughs and head-scratches across the Internet on the how and why of folks visiting blogs and such. I'm still getting a lot of traffic from "tomato sex" and "deboning trout" (though I've never deboned a trout in my life). More recently, it's "plucking chin hairs" and even the ocassional "Eric Boehme" (why would anyone search for that guy?).

But I'm not going to go on about weird search terms.

It's just that, all this blog traffic studying has got me wondering. You see, those of you who have me bookmarked or who are typing in my URL by hand simply come up as an "unknown" referral. No Google search page, no "This Is What I Read" listing from another blog. Simply and infuriatingly, "unknown."

Actually, that's okay. It means you haven't found me by chance. It also means that you like it enough around here to come back -- sometimes daily.

But what I'm wondering is this: How did you find me, anyway?

So do me a favor. Leave a comment here and let me know how you found The Write Way Home. And relax...you can do it anonymously. Just click "anonymous" in the comment box and I'll never know who you are. No one else will, either.

Did someone you can't stand send you this URL just to annoy you?

Were you searching for information on broken ribs? Sauted brussels sprouts? Johnny Depp?

Did you find me on Amazon.com?

Let me know how you found me...and if you're feeling particularly chatty, tell me where you hail from.

There's something fascinating about the way blogs sort of "draw the world together." We become, in a sense, an invisible microcosm, knit together by our words and feelings.

Today, I encourage you to become just a tiny bit less invisible.

13of my readers are feeling chatty:

At 1:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found you when you left a very nice comment on my site.

(How you found me, I'm not sure! :))

And I usually hail from work (Bad me!) which is in Ocean City, Maryland.

 
At 4:05 PM, Blogger Jamie said...

I just can't get rid of you;o)

 
At 4:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

well, I went to the 86 blog to read what Vicki Collin(g)son posted about her son in London...which led me to look at Jamie's blog, which led me to your blog. I know you personally but haven't seen you in many years. People from the same hometown share some type of relative consciousness. I'm studying to be a librarian, so blogs are a "new librarian" realm.
anyhoo. and now I just like to read what real people say because it seems that the rest of the world is telling you how to feel and act...blast this is getting long...is your research for a purpose? maybe I could write a paper about it...that's what grad school does to you.
love, Chrissy Chromiak in North Haven, Connecticut from the town green on my laptap (yes the town is wireless-foofy CT).

 
At 7:48 PM, Blogger Dave said...

Hello... First time visitor, long time commenter... or something like that.

I discovered your blog on BlogExplosion in the Blog Rocket. Since we were both doing that, we each read the other's blog, then you called me Poopmeister, and now you are a permanent fixture on my blog read list.

 
At 11:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found you by way of mommy group!
and im from Gleason Tn
Hope all is well with you and you are staying cool in this hot and humid weather we are having!

 
At 6:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got to know you at SAHP and have been stalking you ever since. Muahahahaha

 
At 8:24 AM, Blogger Kerrie said...

Well, it all started with this lovely wedding and being brazen enough to plop my bum down in the bride's seat at the wedding table to chat, but you knew that already, didn't you? :-D

 
At 10:32 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I was browsing through from BE, and ran across a snooty children's literature post. I think I left you a comment, and then checked back in anticipation of being crucified for my viewpoint. You didn't, and instead offered a list of titles for my daughter to read. You were very nice, so I came back. :)

 
At 12:48 PM, Blogger Jillian said...

Hey, this is more fun than I'd expected! :)

Mrsatroxi -- Hmmm, I think I may have found you on BE? I can't remember! I just remember I loved your writing and sense of humor immediately. And Ocean City, MD has excellent memories for me. Jonathan had his first experience with the ocean there, at the tender age of 9 weeks!

Jamie -- Nope, and I can't get rid of you, either! XOXO

Chrissy -- Thank you so much for coming out of the woodwork! A purpose for my research? Naaa...pure curiosity, coupled with a sincere desire to know my readers better. I owe you an email!

Dave -- How could I ever forget the Poopmeister?! I'm so glad I didn't scare you away. (Not that that was even a remote possibility, considering...)


Shasta -- Thanks for checking in! Can you believe the heat? Today it's broken quite a bit, thankfully.


"Who Me" -- I'd know that "muhahahaha" anywhere. :D


Kerrie -- Why yes, I did. It's rather a fond memory, too. :)


Shuttered Eye -- Whew, I behaved myself! :) Actually, your words are very affirming -- thank you. I'm glad you came back! And you already know how much I love your photography.

 
At 9:01 PM, Blogger Tarie Sabido said...

I'm in the Philippines! I teach college writing and literature classes, and EFL classes. I found your blog through Blog Explosion. What drew me in was your profile ("4 stunningly individualistic children" and "writer of young adult fantasy")! You're on the "Blogs I Read" list on my blog.

 
At 7:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My earliest memory "us" was finding you somehow and then signing up with Blog Explosion through your link there. When I started my blog I used to Google "Little Things" for writing fodder. Maybe you had that in a post.

 
At 8:55 AM, Blogger Jillian said...

Tarie -- I am SO glad you found me, as I enjoy your blog, too! (I'm still stressing about "English I" so I'll probably be rambling in your comment box again soon...lol)

Ken -- If memory serves me, you found my blog via "Nature's Artwork" (I vaguely remember tracing you from that link). You used to always sign your name, "Chench." When you started using "Ken" I knew that we were on good terms! :)

 
At 8:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know it's a little late to say this, but...

Aw, shucks.

(Blush!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I am: Mother to five stunningly individualistic children... Writer of young adult fantasy... Passionate advocate for Women At Home... Madly in love with my husband... In need of Organic Gourmet Chocolate on a regular basis. I've got a Paypal account if you'd like to contribute to the cause....


Subscribe to my RSS feed
Previous Posts
Labels
Currently reading:
  • Jillian's Old Diaries from high school....real page turners, to be sure
  • Love Busters by Willard Harley

    Powered by Blogger

    Free Page Rank Checker

    All content of this website is copyright © 2005-2008 Jill Schafer Boehme. All rights reserved. Nothing on this web site, whether in part or in full, may be reproduced in any manner without the written consent of the author.