Monday, July 31, 2006

And You Thought Only Toddlers Asked Endless Questions

I give you, as a jumpstart to your Monday, a list of The Top Seven Questions Asked By Seven-year-old Spencer. Feel free to submit your answers, because, for many of these, I'm fresh out:


7. Do ducks ever smile sometimes?

6. Why are your breasts private?

5. Why did Granmom and Grandad name you "Mommy?"

4. Did they have copyrights when Jesus was born?

3. How long ago were the Olden Days?

2. Why do boys have nipples?

And the Number One Question, posed just today:

1. Why don't you like the smell of your farts?

16of my readers are feeling chatty:

At 2:47 PM, Blogger Bobkat said...

Hi. I haven't got kids so I don't get to answer questions like these. I've been thinking about the ducks though. I think they smile at other ducks when they think no-one is looking!

 
At 2:47 PM, Blogger Bobkat said...

Oops! Btw, Wendy directed me here!

 
At 3:02 PM, Blogger Meira{FB} said...

LOL! Too cute! Typical young man! You are blessed!

Wendy sent me!

 
At 3:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why not just say "Ask your dad?" :-)

Wendy directed me back here.

 
At 4:23 PM, Blogger Kirsti said...

Seeing as I am commonly accused of always having to answer everything:

7. yes, how else would they ever get to make ducklings?

6. Because it hurts so much when someone pokes them.

5. To make it easier for you, son.

4. No, in fact God never made a penny from the Bible.

3. Before 1850. So they told me in school.

2. So that their wives can pinch then when they do not listen

1. Go ask your dad.

 
At 4:38 PM, Blogger Jamie said...

You mean they NEVER stop asking questions??????

 
At 5:05 PM, Blogger Carmen said...

I know the answer to the nipple one! Cuz another blogger posted about it. It's because boys and girls all start out in momma's belly as girls, and then the boys get that Y chromosome, but they keep the nipples! Sad that I know that.

 
At 5:23 PM, Blogger Carmen said...

Here from Wendy's

Good to know I'm not the only 'skeeter target in the world. :)

 
At 6:24 PM, Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

LOL, LOL, LOL...Delightful questions...And I'm not sure I could answer ANY of them! HA!
Here from Wendy's today...Isn't this fun?

 
At 7:26 PM, Blogger Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

Boy, you have a smart 7 year old!! He has some pretty good questions. I would love to hear what your answers are???!!!Thanks for stopping by my blog..Please come back again..You are always welcome. Your little boy is going to grow up to be a lawyer..maybe...Sandy

 
At 8:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You don't like the smell of your farts? What's wrong with you woman!?

BTW, your order has been filled!

 
At 10:07 PM, Blogger Dave said...

7) Only when you step on them and make that luscious fart sound.

6) Cause Momma's not a hoochie

5) Because "Attilla" was taken.

4) Yes, and several copylefts as well.

3) About 50 years before the person you are asking was born.

2) I have a great answer for this, but can't share it. he he he

1) Being born with a nose that cannot detect skunk musk, I am a fart connesuer so-to-speak. I can deliver with the best of them, and come out alive.

 
At 6:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

(((((((((Spencer)))))))))) you keep your Mommy young!!!!!!!!!!!

 
At 8:00 AM, Blogger Kerrie said...

6) Cause Momma's not a hoochie

I've got to stop reading this stuff while I'm drinking coffee!!

 
At 8:56 AM, Blogger Jerry Novick said...

Even now, nearing the age of 12, KidWrite always asks tons of these types of questions. And no matter what he's asking - whether odd like these queries - or on more serious topics, he will follow up with so many other related questions that I eventually have to stop him by saying "Because God wanted it that way."

I should probably lead with God as the answer and save myself the time...

 
At 7:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, Jillian! Your Spencer is the hoot - no doubt about that.
I especially like the last one *grin* - I would just answer him on that *ewwwww*...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I am: Mother to five stunningly individualistic children... Writer of young adult fantasy... Passionate advocate for Women At Home... Madly in love with my husband... In need of Organic Gourmet Chocolate on a regular basis. I've got a Paypal account if you'd like to contribute to the cause....


Subscribe to my RSS feed
Previous Posts
Labels
Currently reading:
  • Jillian's Old Diaries from high school....real page turners, to be sure
  • Love Busters by Willard Harley

    Powered by Blogger

    Free Page Rank Checker

    All content of this website is copyright © 2005-2008 Jill Schafer Boehme. All rights reserved. Nothing on this web site, whether in part or in full, may be reproduced in any manner without the written consent of the author.